Sunday, January 29, 2012

Week 4: No Copic Coloring

Have you seen the Lawn Fawn blog recently?  Kelly Marie featured my card that I made for my alphabet sticker self challenge on this post here.  I was grinning ear to ear when I saw that pop up over there!  There's also a Valentine's card drive for children's hospitals going on.  You can get the info from that post if you're interested in sending cards out to the kids.

Yesterday, I posted this card that I made using my Prismacolors instead of my Copics.  Today, I stepped away from the pencils and picked up some of the Smooch colors I have to create this non-traditional Valentine's card:


I used the sketch from the Young Crafter's Unite Challenge and the CAS-ual Friday Challenge (they sketches are very close to each other!).  I used the color palette that is out there this week at the Play Date Cafe (plum, pear, and moldy cheese).  


I stamped Hero Arts' Blooming Heart and colored it in with three colors of Smooch - Plum Berry, Ocean Soul, and Olive Twist.  The olive twist was a little darker than the papers I had picked out so I added some pops of green with Zing's Leaf Embossing Powder and a Zig emboss Writer.  


Next week, I may bring back the Copics (my, how I miss them!), but I will also be using ribbon.  Ribbon is my challenge for week 5.

Have a great week!

--Angie

SUPPLIES - 
Paper: Stampin' Up! Island Indigo, Whisper White, Wisteria Wonder DSP, and Lucky Limeade DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up! Lucky Limeade
Stamps: Hero Arts Blooming Heart, My Favorite Things Notched Tag Die and Stamp Set
Other: Zing Leaf Embossing Powder, Zig Emboss Writer, Heat Gun, Stampin' Up Mat Pack, bone folder, Snail Adhesive, Indigo Island Brads, Stampin' Up! Word Window Punch
Smooch Ink: Plum Berry, Olive Twist, Ocean Soul

Pin It

5 comments:

  1. This is WONDERFUL Angie! Love every little thing about it!! Great coloring ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card and perfect for both challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!! This card it totally rocking!!! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card full of detail! Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! Thank you so much for joining our Young Crafters Unite challenge =)

    ReplyDelete