Monday, January 30, 2012

Aptee'tude Love

I play along with the CPS Card Sketches almost weekly and this week marks their 5th anniversary!!  Each day, from January 29th through February 18th, they're posting a sketch from the past.  Today they posted #166 -


I pulled out one of my new favoite stamps - Stamping Bella's Aptee'tude - and used her as my focal point. 


I stamped the image and colored her in with my Copics and Spicas.  I cut her out with a circle Spellbinders die.  I used another die, two sizes up, for the scalloped circle mat.  For the card base, I used the I {Love} Love roller wheel from Stampin' Up!  Instead of adding a paper band through the center, I opted to tie some ribbon around the card (living up to my self challenge of using my ribbon stash this week :-)).

Once I had her all assembled, I felt like it was missing something so I added a few hearts from Stampin' Up!'s I {Heart} Hearts stamp set.  I layered the hearts and covered them with some crystal accent to make them shine.

Here's a close up of the coloring.  I love how those Spicas sparkle!!


For the inside, I used the same size circle as I did for the front.  I used the same pattern paper, but one size smaller with the scalloped circle.  I stamped the I {Love}Love just once in the center and added the same hearts from the front.  Then I finished it off with the Happy Love Day.


Since it's a love card I had to use a few red copics, which happens to be the challenge this week at iCopic, so I'll be playing along with them too -

Pin It

--Angie

SUPPLIES
Copics: Skin - E50, E51, E00. R20
           Clothes - R01, R20, R32, R37, B45, B26, B37, W1, W3, W5, 
           Hearts - R59
           Hair - YR31, Y32, Y28
Paper - Stampin' Up! Lucky Limeade, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist
Stamps - Stamping Bella Aptee'tude, Stampin' Up! I {Love} Love and I {Heart} Hearts, Studio G Happy Love Day
Ink - Real Red, Luckey Limeade, Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies - Spellbinders Standard Circles Large and Classic Scalloped Circles
Other - Red Ribbon, Heart-to-Heart Punch, Corner Chomper (blue)

5 comments:

  1. Super cute. I love all of your darling embellishments!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH!! and thank you for joining us at iCopic this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is simply adorable! That little girl is just so cute and LOVE how you used the CPS sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, love all the color! Thanks so much for playing along over at iCopic! :)
    -Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out really cute, Angie!! Thanks for playing at icopic.com . I hope to see you back again this week for our new challenge.
    Hugs,
    Samantha
    www.thescrapmaster.com

    ReplyDelete