Friday, January 13, 2012

Week 2: Alphabet Stickers

This week I challenged myself to use alphabet stickers. I wasn't really sure what I was going to do with that so I decided to work on the card then add the stickers later.  As it started coming together, I decided I'd use the alphabet stickers for the inside. 

I started by using the CPS sketch this week:

and created this card:

I used a few ink pads and a blender pen to color in the raccoon.  Wrapped him with some charcoal twine and added a heart punched from glitter paper.  It's a little hard to see in the first pic, but the red is mounted on a black card base.  The hearts were die cut on my Silhouette Cameo (a Christmas gift from my hubby!!) and instead of using the hearts that were cut, I used the negative image and popped it up on the red.  I think you can see it a little better in the next pic:


As I was going through my stamps for the front, I kept trying to think of cute little statements for each of them knowing I was going to be putting something on the inside.  Once my eyes saw that little raccoon, I knew exactly what I wanted.  So I went sifting through my alphabet stickers and setting on these from ProvoCraft:


And what sentiment did I settle on?  Well, see for yourself:


The finished card is 4 1/4" square, so it would fit in a standard size envelope with some excess in the length.  Since I had some scraps laying around, I went ahead and crafted an envelope to fit:


I took a standard envelope and sealed it.  I then cut the envelope so it would be 4 3/8" square.  I added a piece of coordinating paper as the new flap, and there it was, an evelope that fit perfectly!

While I was super motivated (and with some spare time), I made another 4 1/4" square card. 


I colored the bot in with some copics then made him sparkly by coloring over with a Spica glitter marker.  Then I used some more of the same stickers for the inside of this one:


And I created an envelope for this one as well:


You can't see in the picture, but the envelope flap is stamped with the 01011110001 stamp that is on the card front.

Next week, I'm challenging myself to use some buttons.  I have tons of them, so I'm going to put some to good use!

Have a great week!

--Angie

SUPPLIES -
"You Stole My Heart"
-Paper from Stampin' Up! - Basic Black cardstock, Real Red DSP, Whisper White cardstock
-Snail adhesive
-Foam adhesive
-Stamp - Lawn Fawn's Critters in the Forest
-Silhouette Cameo
-Blender Pen
-Ink - Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake, Basic Black, and Early Espresso; Memento Tuxedo Black
-Charcoal Twine from the Twinery
-Red, adhesive glitter paper (found in my stash)

"Birthday Bot"
-Paper - Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Neenah Solar White, Circuit pattern paper from Boxer
-Snail adhesive
-Foam adhesive
-Stamps - Lots of Bots by Stampin' Up
-Inks - Stampin' Up! Basic Black, Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
-Copics and Spicas
-Lifestyle Crafts Tag Its
-White Embossing Powder
-Silver brad

No comments:

Post a Comment