Saturday, January 7, 2012

Week 1: Stickers

First, I just had to share, I made top five in Young Crafter's Unite die cut challenge!!  (check out my card with the winner and other top five here)  I was super excited when I scrolled down and there was my card!  That was one of my favorite cards last year.  I love the other cards in the top five and feel honored to be up there with them.

Now onto the card - I'm challenging myself this year to use up some of the supplies I have (which doesn't necessarily mean that I won't buy more throughout the year ;)).  The first challenge I issued myself was to use stickers.  I don't seem to grab for them very often, so I went sifting through my sticker stash and found this set:


I really like the colors and the fun shapes of the set so I wanted the sticker to be the star of the card.  I couldn't settle on one sticker from the pack, so I made a set of cards using all 7 of the main stickers:


I kept them pretty simple.  I inked over a number template for the card background.  Added a 1 1/4" strip of patterned paper, the sticker in the center, and a rhinestone on each side.  To finish it off I rounded the bottom corners.  


One stash item gone and SEVEN new cards created!!  Gotta love those numbers :D

I'm going to play along with the following challenges:


And for my next self challenge, I'm going to continue with stickers, but I'm going to challenge myself to use alphabet stickers for the sentiment.  

Have a great weekend!!

--Angie

SUPPLIES:

4 comments:

  1. What a great challenge you have set for yourself! I love the card set you have created with the stickers and patterned paper! Loving the inked up numbers background. Thanks so much for joining us at Lawnscaping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great set of cards. Love what you did here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super fabulous set of cards...LOVE this!!! So glad you playing with us at Lawnscaping :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great use of those stickers! Great job on using your stash =) Thank you so much for joining our Young Crafters Unite challenge!

    ReplyDelete