Sunday, January 22, 2012

Week 3: Buttons

Last week I issued myself the challenge to use buttons on a project.  I was really stumped.  I couldn't come up with anything I liked, then I saw the sketch for the final Wee Memories challenge:

Instead of the scallop edge on the sketch, I saw buttons, so I finally had a plan... unfortunately, I didn't finish it in time for the challenge deadline, but here it is -



I stamped Stamping Bella's Aptee'tude and colored her in with my Prismacolors.  Added a couple of punched hearts behind her.  Embossed a white piece which I added some red rhinestones to and matted that on the red patterened paper.  I grabbed some matching buttons from my stash and stiched them on with Maraschino Twine from the Twinery.


For the inside, I used the same pattern paper.  Stamped her in red ink and added the "I Love You" sentiment from Paper Smooches Word Salad.


I missed the Wee Memories deadline, but I'm also playing along with:


and 


I enjoyed breaking out my colored pencils this week.  They tend to get neglected since I'm obsessed with my Copics, so my challenge for next week is to color without Copics.  I have so many items I can color with, I just need to break them out more often!

Have a great week!
--Angie

P.S. There's a giveaway going on over at the Wee Memories blog.  Jenny has some great goodies up for grabs so go check it out here.

SUPPLIES - 
Stamps - Stamping Bella's Aptee'tude, Paper Smooches Word Salad
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up! Real Red
Cardstock - Stampin' Up! Real Red solid and DSP, Neenah Solar White
Embossing Folder - Lifestyle Crafts Dainty set
Punches - Stampin' Up! Large Heart, Corner Chomper Aqua and Yellow handles
Kaiser Craft Red Rhinestones
Maraschino Twine from the Twinery
Paper Piercer
Adhesive - Snail and foam dots
Buttons


6 comments:

  1. Wonderful card, Angie! I love the button scallop detail, so sorry you missed the deadline for that challenge, but I'm glad you joined in the Virginia's View fun at Lily Pad Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super CUTE!! Love the row of buttons and images together! The inside sentiment is sweet! So glad that you join the fun with us at Lily Pad!Hope to see more of your beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the embossing and the buttons!
    Thanks for playing along at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card! Thank you for playing along with us at Some Odd Girl and for joining us at our final Wee Memories challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! Those buttons are just adorable. Thank you for playing with us at lilypad cards.

    ReplyDelete