Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Hello Gnome

I got the Forest Whimsy set from Paper Smooches back before Christmas and never inked it up... until today.  Here's the card I came up with:


I used the Paper Smooches Sparks challenge image for color inspiration and the stripes, but also for the outdoorsy theme (gnome, grass, background is wood grain). I colored in his beard and face and paper pieced his clothes with some striped paper.

Here's a  close up of the paper piece, coloring, and sparkly clouds:



I playing along with:

Paper Smooches Sparks


CPS 5th Anniversary #54

Pin It

--Angie

SUPPLIES
Paper - Stampin' Up! Lucky Limeade, Pool Party, Neenah Solar white
Stamps - Paper Smooches Forest Whimsy and Chit Chat, Stampin' Up! Woodgrain Background
Ink - Lucky Limeade, Memento Tuxedo Black, Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Chipped Sapphire
Other - Caribbean twine from the Twinery, sponge daubbers, snail adhesive, foam dots, Corner Chomper (blue), blending tool, paper piercer, Stampin' Up! mat pack, sanding block, Icicles Stickles

6 comments:

  1. I ABSOLUTELY love this :))) So cute. Great coloring and love the woodgrain background !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love that gnome ... and the twine is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mixing my two favorite challenges!!! Your card ROCKS and your name ain't half bad either. ;) (P.S. Thanks for celebrating the CPS 5th Anniversary with us!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that gnome!!!! I love your card x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Angie!
    Pleased to meet you!
    Very nice card! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete