Friday, January 10, 2014

Winter Thinking

Well we got a little more snow today and during my stamp reorganizing I found a set that I haven't used much... Anya Scarves.  So I was inspired!!


I stamped and colored her with some copics.  I paper pieced her hat, scarf, gloves, and sweater.  I airbrushed the aqua around her and pierced around the frame instead of matting her onto another piece of cardstock.  Layered some pattern papers on the stamped background then popped the main image on some foam tape after adding some ribbon.  To finish it off, I added some matching candy buttons.  I loooove the color combo!

Since I was using a dark card base, I wanted to make sure the inside had an easy space to write a message or stamp a sentiment once I find a use for the card, so I mocked the front layout but rotated it to go horizontal instead.


And here's a close up of the image.  I added some shading to the paper pieced pieces with my copics.  I love how that added some more dimension to her.


Since I was inspired by our cold/snowy/icy weather, I'm playing along with the Simon Wednesday Challenge - Ice Inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by.

Angie

SUPPLIES
STAMP - The Greeting Farm's Anya Scarves, Impression Obsession Swatches
INK - Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin' Up! Pool Party, Distress Ink Walnut Stain
PAPER - Copic Xpress It Blending Cardstock, Stampin' Up! Indigo Island, Basic Grey RSVP
COPICS - Skin - YR000, YR00, E11, E04; Hair E97, E15, E18; Jeans - B93, B95, B97, B99; Boots - C5, C7, C9, 100; Paper Pieced Shading - C3, C5; Airbrush background - BG32
OTHER - Blending Tool, Stampin' Up! Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Stampin' Up! Pool Party Seam Binding, Kiwi Lane Designed Sentiments Templates, Basic Grey Candy Buttons




2 comments:

  1. So cute, Angie! The image is beautifully coloured. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Ice Inspiration!

    ReplyDelete