Friday, March 14, 2014

Rainbow Art Journal Page

I've been working on an art journal page and (as always) seemed to take longer than I had anticipated!  I saw this quote that I liked on Goodreads awhile back and had an idea this week of turning it into a journal page.  And said it was rainbow/gold related it was perfect to usher in the spring AND St. Patrick's day.

I started by covering my pages in torn phone book pieces and covering them with a thin coat of gesso.


Next I added some a thin coat of blue paint.



While that was drying, I pulled out my gelli plate and made some rainbow sheets on deli paper.  I kept it really simple by just mixing the color with some gold paint.



I added a little stamping to my blue pages (not much since I knew a lot of it would be getting covered up anyway), colored my image, and prepared my rainbow.



Once I got everything painted, stamped, colored, and cut, I started putting it all together and here is my final page:


It's a little hard to see in the photo, but the quote says, 'Dare to love yourself like a rainbow with gold at both ends.'  Very fitting for spring and St. Patty's!

Here's a close up of my coloring.  I took a Halloween/witch stamp and turned it into a little leprechaun dress for her.


I'm linking up with the following challenges this week:




Thanks for stopping by!

~Angie

SUPPLIES:
COPICS - Skin - E000, E00, E01, E11, E13; Hair - E97, E99, E29; Shoes - C5, C7, 100; Eyes - G46, G43, G21; Dress - G20, G21, G24, G28
PAINT - Liquitex Basic Acrylics in Light Blue, Primary Blue, Brilliant Yellow Green, Phthalocyanine, Cadmium Red Deep Hue, Cadmium Orange deep hue, Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue, Hooker's Green Hue Permanent, Cerulean Blue Hue, Deep Violet, and Gold
MISC - Ahni and Zoe gold marker, deli paper, phone book, paintbrushes




3 comments:

  1. That is absolutely beautiful - love the vibrant colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek, this is so cool! I love the rainbow and quote- such a great message :) And how you colored the witch dress from Kaylee's Closet is genius! Thanks so much for playing with us over at Some Odd Girl this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever journal pages...love the quote that you chose and it was fun to see how the project came together! Thanks for joining our March challenge at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete