Monday, July 14, 2014

Summer Friends at My Whimsical Little World

My Whimsical Little World is releasing some great summer digi stamps today.  There's three in total - Kody, Phoebe, and Marigold.  I made a set of cards using the characters, so let's jump right in!

First up.... Surfer Kody:


Followed by Phoebe:

And lastly, Marigold:


I colored the hair and skin of all three with Copics  - I wanted to try different color combos for each of them, by the time I colored Kody and Phoebe looking rather tan, I remembered some of us are 'blessed' with pale skin that burns rather easily, so I used a paler, pinker tone for Marigold. :D  After that, I grabbed a Basic Grey paper pad and paper pieced the rest of them.

Some of the digis come with their own background (like Phoebe - the shell and flower in the sand are part of her background!) which is great for coloring, but I like to add layers so I stamped a cloud background, watercolored some paper with distress ink for the waves and used this great sand-like embossing powder for the sand.

And I can't forget the insides :)  I printed the digis at a smaller size and adjusted the color to match the teal of the card stock that I was using, added some scraps of patterned paper and I end up with a cute set of cards.

  

Now you've seen what I came up with using these awesome digistamps, have a look at what some others have created:

Be sure to stop by to see the full release post by Paola at My Whimsical Little World and stop by the Facebook page for more updates.

Thanks for stopping by!

Angie

SUPPLIES - 
PAPER: Copic Xpress It blending card stock, Stampin' Up! Pool Party and Island Indigo, Basic Grey Persimmon 6x6 paper pad, white card stock, watercolor paper
STAMPS: Paper Smooches Good Gab and Sentiment Sampler; Impression Obsession Clouds and Wavy Lines
INK: Memeto Tuxedo Black and Summer Sky, Stampin' Up! Pool Party, Distress Inks - Salty Ocean, Evergreen Bough, and Chipped Sapphire
MISC: Stampin' Up! Oval and Scalloped Oval Punches, Stampendous Golden Sand Embossing Powder, Glossy Accents
COPICS:
   SKIN - E11, E15, E17; HAIR - YR24, YR27, E35, E37; EYES - G43, G21, G46; SHADING - B39, G99, C2, C0
    SKIN - R000, R00, R01, RV29; HAIR - E13, E17, E18, E19; CLOTHES - BG72, BG75; SHOES - C6, C8, C10; EYES - E27, E29, E49
    SKIN - YR0000, YR000, YR00, E11, E04, E08; HAIR - YR24, E51, E53, E55; GLASS - BG000, Y13 FRV1; GLASSES - W2, W4, W6, YR18; SHELL - E501, E51, E53
    








3 comments:

  1. Fantastic job on your three cards. Love how you colored your digi's and made them so different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip Angie! I love how creative you got but downsizing the image ! Love the texture in your cards. Beautiful job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love all the paper piecing! And the insides of the cards are awesome too! Fantastic work! Xx Martha

    ReplyDelete