Sunday, March 25, 2012

Taking Time to Smell the Flowers

Wow... it's been just over a month since my last post.  I can't believe how time as flown by!  I've been out towards Chicago for some work training the last two weeks and before that I just couldn't finish a project I was happy with - maybe it was the stress of all that I'd be getting into at work once my training was over ;)  But when I finally got back in to my craft space today, the project  seemed to flow out of my head really easily and I finished something I was happy with -


I just love the paper packs that My Minds Eye comes up with.  This one is a little older, but I still love the bright colors.  I normally decide on my paper before coloring in the images, but this is one I colored before I left and didn't like how it was fitting in with my plan.  When I got back and saw it laying on my desk, I knew I had to use it.  I like when things work out like that ;D


Since this is a well loved paper pack, I didn't have enough of some of the papers to replicate the layout of the front on the inside, so I used some of those same papers and kept with the flower them:


The card was made for the March Some Odd Girl Sketch challenge - 


I'm so glad to be back in my craft room and getting things done!!

Have a great week!

--Angie

SUPPLIES -
PAPER: Neenah Solar White, My Mind's Eye Quite Contrary Jack and Jill
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU! Lucky Limeade, SU! Real Red, SU! Island Indigo
STAMP: SOG Smell the Flowers Tia Digi Stamp; the {stamps} of life mums2share
DIES: Sweet and Sassy Clouds
OTHER: Kiwi Lane Designs Templates Thoughtful, Sentiments, Tiny Floral; 3/8" Corner Chomper; Copics; Spica markers; Tonic Edge Distresser; Finger Daubbers; Liquid Pearl








5 comments:

  1. SUPER CUTE take on our sketch challenge, Angie! i love the fun little scene, especially with those gorgeous, BOLD colours! what an absolutely HAPPY and lovely card! thanks so much for playing along with our Sketch Challenge at Some Odd Girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beautiful take on the sketch at Some Odd Girl!!! Love those rolling hills and clouds you've created! Tia looks so happy and thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Angie! I love that darling little girl and those papers are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That paper is incredible and your hills and clouds are just brilliant!! I love this beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Some Odd Girl! Have a happy weekend. :)
    Hugs, Leah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute, cute, cute! And love the cloud. Thank you so much for playing along with us oddies at SOG! :)

    ReplyDelete