Thursday, August 25, 2011

Celebrate Paper Piecing!

I recently just found some of the color challenges out there and I am loving them.  I am finding new combinations of colors, that I wouldn't normally think to put together.  Just like this weeks Color Q challenge:
 I love how those colors look together.  I took those colors and this weeks sketch at CPS - 



To make this card -


I used Balloon Kaylee from Some Odd Girl for their paper peicing challenge.  Here's a close up of the paper peicing of her clothes.  This is one of SOG's digital images so I printed the image on the different papers for peicing.  I also printed it on a sheet of glossy paper for the balloons (it's hard to tell in the picture, but there's a little shine to the balloons.when you see the actual card).  I colored her skin, eyes, and hair with Copics.



I finished it off with some SU! brads to match the card base, some thread for the balloons (the thread is actually from my last purchase from Lawn Fawn - their stamps come neatly tied together with this blue thread that matched perfectly for this card!), rounded the cornders, and embossed a Paper Smooches sentiment along the bottom.

--Angie

SUPPLIES -
Stamps: Some Odd Girl - Balloon Kaylee
             Paper Smooches - Sentiments Sampler
Ink - Versamark; SU! Old Olive
Paper - SU! Old Olive and Pumpkin Pie Designer Pattern Paper;
            SU! Island Indigo; the yellow patter is from Studio Calico
Other - White Embossing Powder; SU! Island Indigo Designer Brads; Copics; thread, corner rounder

5 comments:

  1. Wow this is super cute! Love your take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very fun and cute card! I love the mix of DP you used :) I am so glad you found our challenge at colourQ, I hope you will keep playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute, Angie! Love that you used real fibers for the balloon strings, and the image works perfectly with these colors. Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so adorable! i love the pops of blue with the brads. awesome

    thanks for playing with us at some odd girl

    ReplyDelete