Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Season's Greetings, Gorjuss

I have been addicted to my Copics lately.  They are no longer in my craft room, but next to my couch so I can color while watching tv... it's a sickness!  I saw that iCopic's challenge this week was Black hair so I decided to break out my Gorjuss girl stamps.  I love the image and she just screams black hair to me.  I tend to stick with coloring brunettes but I thought I'd play along and see how it turned out.  I think I like it :D


And here's a closer picture of the coloring:

I used C03, C05, C07, and C09 for her hair.  E50, E51, and YR00 for her skin.  YG61, YG63 g94, RV34, R37, R59, C03 and 0 for her clothing.  (I'm slowing starting to get in the habit of tracking which colors I use so I can find my favorite combos.)

It was a fairly straightforward card.  I used the sketch from this weeks CPS challenge and once the coloring was done, it was just about layering the papers in a way that I was happy with.  I inked all of the edges with matching Distress Inks just to finish off the edges a little, added a few brads, then rounded the two right corners.

I made the inside really simple as well by just adding a strip of each of papers I used on the front of the card - 



I actually colored three different Gorjuss girls because I was trying different combinations for the black hair.  I made the hubby pick his favorite because I loved them all so much.  I'll definitely be using the others in upcoming cards, but needed to focus on just one for today. Here's a look at the other two that you may see in the future.




This little Gorjuss will be playing along in:

Of course, since it was my inspiration this week :)





--Angie


SUPPLIES


small red brads from my stash

2 comments:

  1. Sweet coloring and such a fab card! Thanks for joining us at CPS this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful coloring and design!! Thanks for joining us at Wee Memories Challenge!

    ReplyDelete